Friday, December 19, 2008

Personalized Christmas Ornaments







I love personalized Christmas ornaments. I have been purchasing a family ornament every year since my boys were little. I usually find them at Christmas craft bazaars, but the last 2 years I have not found anyone selling them at the ones I have gone to. The malls have a little place you can get them now, so that helps. The one with the fence and snowmen is my new one for this year. Finding one with 8 kids (or characters) is really hard to find (I did last year...the one with all the bear faces on it.) This year I was able to find one with 5, so I just had it made for the 5 kids we have at home.
I almost forgot...the most fun about them is how excited the kids are each year to get them out and find each year and put them up. There are many others they like putting up too, but they always love the dated yearly family ornament the best.
What is your Christmas ornament tradition?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

we also buy at least one new personalized ornament a year. It's cute to see the ones from previous years when some of the kids weren't around, its like watching your family grow before your eyes.

Laura said...

I buy a dated ornament every year for each kid, something to do with what they've been interested in over the year. They really look forward to it except now our tree looks like it could be on display in a Hallmark store...LOL.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Cindy always bought my kids an ornament every year. Her reasoning was they could take them when they moved out and have ornaments for their first Christmas tree without taking all of mine. When she passed away my son took over the tradition of buying the ornaments and writing on them: "love, Aunt Cindy". He finds a way to sneek them under the tree without anyone knowing & he always buys snowmen because she loved them.