Monday, December 22, 2008

The Stockings were hung by the chimney with care....


Just a few stockings hung! The rest of the mantel is not decorated yet...one thing I am behind on. We had planned to be in another house by now, so many of our things were packed to move. I have not gotten all the decorations out this year, but will get a few more out to do the mantel.
Things don't have to be perfect. I am not stressing over the fact that I do not have all my decorations out. We have lights outside, the tree up and a few of our favorite Christmas decorations out. You know what...I don't think the kids will notice or even care. We aren't having any big party here this year. My Dad and his wife and my brother will be over and if they have complaints....oh well.
I think we get so concerned with what we think we should do in other people's eye that we can ruin the fun for ourselves.
I worked yesterday on the goodies that I make every year. We have the the gifts bought and wrapped. The Christmas picture and letter went out on time. We will have a wonderful time even without the whole house decorated.
I am going to enjoy my Christmas time with my family and not stress that the decorations aren't perfect. I hope you can do the same this Christmas and we should all remember that Christ is the reason for the season and that this time is to be enjoyed with family, and not ruined because we are stressed.


1 comment:

Veronica Lee said...

Hi Sandy, I'm from "Mums Over 40" stopping by to wish you Merry Christmas before I hit my hometown for the holidays.