Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Blissdom 09 Conference was awesome


Ali of Blessed Treehouse and I had never met before Friday. We were blogging and twitter buddies and arranged all of the details of the conference and traveling together via the internet. I picked her up at 5:45am to drive the 6 hours to Nashville, TN. We got there and signed in and then went to our room. One of the first people that I ran into was Kim from Crafty Mama of 4 and Beth of Plus Size Mommy (both of who I wondered how I would find.)
What was interesting about a blogging conference was that we know each other by our blog or twitter names....not by our faces! So here was everyone introducing ourselves but always adding in our blogging names.
We had bliss-tinis at the bar (I did...not Ali..she is "with child".)

The pajama party featured the movie Mama Mia and a little impromptu dance session afterwards...Abba music always gets woman a dancin'...especially with bunny slippers! Yes Danielle from Extraordinary Mommy.

We were lucky enough to get to see a preview screening of the Yanni Voices that is going to be launching in April. Yanni is promoting some young new talent and then we were surprised with 2 of the performers who walked into our conference! Nathan Pacheco (who was an unbelievable opera singer - and I don't even like opera!) and also a Latin singer Ender Thomas who looks like he should be on the cover of a romance novel. They stood were then gracious enough to stay and sign autographs and take pictures with all of us.
Ok...so not only did we learn all kinds of neat things from all of the sessions, we also got to be surprised by 2 great singers...then we got to be entertained by another great singer. Chris Mann is like soooooo yummy!! He sang great....was able to flirt with a room full of 200 woman (but as I hear he was only singing to Ali!!) I think I can listen to this guy all day. I can't wait for his album to come out this summer...I am definitely a follower.

Chris Mann was fantastic...are you drooling? We all were!!!
Ok...how do you ruin a great moment when it is just 4 other woman and Chris Mann in the lobby and you get some time with him (as he video tapes us..)well you get the once in a lifetime chance for a picture and you bug your eyes out and take a terrible picture..while his true love of the conference Ali takes a great picture. Here he is taking video of us...
Ok..you will have to go visit his site for yourselves.
We finished up with Jen Lancaster (writer of 3 ....almost 4 books) the keynote speaker gave an inspirational speech. She then did a book signing afterward.
Ali and I went to the Rainforest Cafe for dinner. I had been there once years ago and Ali had never been there.
After a party for Girls Night Out....we had our little Elevator Drama and headed home the next day. Can't wait for next year!!

3 comments:

Ali said...

What a great post! It makes me want to go back, and not just because of darling Chris Mann.
Thanks again, Sandy.
You are awesome.

Hccm said...

Glad to see that you had fun. I hope to be there next year!

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha Sims

Deni said...

He is VERY yummy! As I have told Ali already, I am going to go next year! It sounded like a blast and I wanted so badly to be there this year (though...I am glad I missed the elevator drama!)