Saturday, March 21, 2009

Share my Recipe Sunday - Quick and Easy Banana Cream Pie






Sweet stuff today!!! This looks so good! Plus it is lower calorie. Tara from Feels like Home wins my Gem of the Week award for this week. I love pudding, I love bananas and chocolate and when it is something that can be made lower calorie....that makes it all the better.
Quick & Easy Banana Cream Pie


* 2 boxes of sugar free, fat free Jello banana cream instant pudding
* 2 cups milk
* 8 oz Cool Whip Lite
* 1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
* 1 bag of white chocolate chips
* 1 pre-made chocolate graham cracker pie crust
* 1 banana

1. I used a 2 quart bowl to whisk the 2 boxes of pudding with 2 cups of milk for 2 minutes, more or less according to the package directions. Once it was all whisked, I folded in the whole container of Cool Whip Lite, a handful of chocolate chips, and a handful of white chocolate chips.
2. I poured the whole pudding mixture into the pie crust. If I’d had some hot fudge, I think it would have been wonderful to spread in the bottom of the pie crust before I put the pudding in.
3. Slice a banana into thin slices and arrange on top of the pudding. Sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired for desired.




1 comment:

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

Thanks for featuring my recipe, Sandy! :) I threw this together at the last minute one evening, and my family loved it.