Monday, April 13, 2009

Five Guidelines for Sorting Your things.


Here are the 5 guidelines that I use to sort with!! Take each item and make a fast decision. Don't worry if Aunt Susie gave it to you and you don't want to hurt her feelings. Do YOU like it and does it add value to the space? If not, then it is alright to donate it, or give it to another family member who might really like it. Take that item and in 5 fast seconds say to yourself, "Do I love this, use it and want it?" Simple as that. (I know it isn't really that easy...but the more you do, the easier it gets.) I know there are the complicated items, I know there are the sentimental items.
But here are the basics:

Love It:
1) Love It
2) Use It
3) Want it or Can't live without it

Donate:
1) Won't Use
2) Don't Like
3) Doesn't Fit

Move It:
1) Wrong Room

Store It:
1) Seasonal
2) Can't give it up
3) Can't Use Now

Trash:
1) Broken
2) Torn
3) Can't Donate

No comments: