Sunday, April 19, 2009

Share my Recipe Sunday - Yogurt Coffee Cake Muffins



I thought these muffins looked so good and when I first saw the picture I was so hungry. I wanted one!!
Amy from The Finer Things In Life submitted this recipe.
Enjoy!!
Join along - Add your recipe onto the list with the link back to your blog. Pick up my Button and post it with your recipe. Click on the Share my Recipe Button above more more directions if needed. Thanks.



Yogurt Coffee Cake Muffins

* 1/2 c. butter
* 3/4 c. sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 tsp. vanilla
* 1 1/2 c. plain yogurt
* 1 tsp. baking soda
* 1 tsp. baking powder
* 1 c. unbleached, all-purpose flour
* 1 c. whole wheat flour

Topping:

* 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
* 3 T. sugar
* 1 1/2 T. brown sugar

** sour cream is a nice substitute for plain yogurt

** the topping is also delicious with chopped pecans added

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Mix well. Combine baking soda, baking powder and flours. Add to wet mixture. Scoop into greased muffin tins. Sprinkle topping over each muffin. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes. Yield: 2 dozen muffins

3 comments:

Stesha said...

Simple recipe. Next Sunday I will give it a go.

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Heather said...

LOL, I'm not sure why I am "Heath" and not "Heather" in the linky. I'm sure I typed the whole thing out.
Oh well, the link still goes to the right place.

I'll have to try these muffins. They look tasty.

Sandy said...

They look really good! I think I will join in next Sunday:0)