Saturday, May 30, 2009

Share my Recipe Sunday - Pumpkin cookies with Butterscotch Morsels



Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried homemaker wins my Gem of the Week award for her yummy and original pumpkin cookies. I have used chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in cookie recipes before, but I have never used them in the combination with the pumpkin cookies.
*************************************************************************************

Pumpkin Cookies with Butterscotch Morsels
I made these cookies this week in order to use up a half opened bag of butterscotch chips. I decided after looking at how few chips I actually had, however, to add chocolate chips as well. It turned out well and they didn't last 24 hours.

Pumpkin Cookies
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
1 tsp powder
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup butterscotch chips
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Grease cookie sheets. In a medium bowl, cream the shortening and sugar. Add the pumpkin and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Then mix in the chips. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool for a minute on cookie sheets before transferring to cooling racks.


Come join us on Sundays. Share one of your recipes with us and pick up a recipe from someone else that you would like to try. It's all about the Sharing!!


3 comments:

Alice Audrey said...

Yep, that's a good one.

♥ Joanna said...

I'm not sure why my name is showing up twice on that list???
anyways, those cookies look AMAZiNG! I have to try those asap!

Organize with Sandy said...

Joanna - I see your name on here but with 2 different recipes. Could that be it?
Thanks!